Seaside Waverunners’ Frequenty Asked Questions:
|1. “How deep is this water?”
– The water in front of our docking facility is a mere 2-3 feet. The riding area depth varies, the shallowest waters being 2 feet, to the deepest, 4 feet.
|2. “How far can we go?”
– Every rider must follow his or her appointed instructor to the designated riding area (approximately 1/4 mile from the dock). Please note, this time is not included in your riding time, consider it a bonus! The riding area boundries will then be explained to every rider.
|3. “Can I go to the bridge?”
– Unfortunately, the bridge is a “SLOW – NO WAKE” zone. Therefore, we cannot approach the bridge.
|4. “Can I go to the ocean?”
– Currently there are no rental outfits in the Ocean County area that allow customers to ride in the ocean. Most of our customers are pleased with the Barnegat Bay, which usually enables faster, smoother riding conditions.
|5. “What about fish?”
– In all of the years that Seaside Waverunners has been operational, not one customer has been hassled by underwater lifeforms.
|6. “What if I fall off?”
– Don’t panic. We suggest that you just stand up. 99% of the time, the water is shallow enough to just stand up and climb back onto the Waverunner. If however, you feel like resting for a moment in the cool water, feel free to relax and float next to your Waverunner. The water is especially comfortable from June through late August!
|7. “How old do I have to be to drive a Waverunner?”
– Currently, the minimum legal age to operate a personal watercraft in NJ is 16. All persons wishing to operate the Waverunner must submit photo ID at the time of registration. All operators under the age of 18 (minors), must also have a legal guardian present during registration to sign for them. The parent/guardian is then solely responsible for the operator’s actions during the riding time. It is not necessary for the parent/guardian to accompany the minor during his or her ride after the registration is completed. You cannot rent a Waverunner if you do not have identification. Please DO NOT FORGET YOUR ID.
|8. “Can we switch [drivers]?”
– We require that all drivers register with the booking office before completing the “signup and payment” procedures. All persons interested in driving the Waverunner must submit a form of picture ID which proves he or she is over the age of 16. Additionally, parents must sign for drivers under the age of 18 (This requires the parent present at the time of registration).
|9. “Can I swim?”
– Swimming is allowed, but it’s a good idea to stay near your Waverunner for safety reasons. Additionally, your instructor will inform you of the better places to hop off of the ski (usually at a buoy/barrel).
|10. “What about boats and other Waverunners/Jet Skis?”
– Generally speaking, the riding area at Seaside Waverunners is too shallow for large boats to pass through. However, there have been several cases of smaller craft passing through our boundries. At Seaside Waverunners, our first concern is YOUR SAFETY, therefore we have trained and certified instructors (sometimes referred to as “patrolmen”) watching the area in case of such an instance. The instructors will guide boats away from customers in order to keep the riding area safe for you and your friends or families.